So I realize when I stopped blogging, I never did a full reveal of our sweet little camper, Sharon.
We’ve had two full springs and summers of trips in her, and while it’s sometimes close quarters, we sure do love getting away and enjoying the beauty around us!
When I last blogged, we were just beginning to put up the walls on the camper.
Oh my word how far we have come since then!
(I had a LITTLE too much fun organizing our tools and workspace… don’t worry, it didn’t stay this nice for long).
This is how she looked when we finally unloaded her into the workspace.
We reattached the walls, and slowly started piecing her back together.
(Connor helping Chase work on the front framing)
This roof now…. it was a DOOZY! It was probably the most dreaded task because we just weren’t quite sure how to make it work. But Chase did a beautiful job on it.
Next we insulated and dry fit windows and skins to make sure it would all sort of fit back together.
(That beautiful window is my pride and joy. I’m so proud of how they all turned out! )
Next we moved inside.
So at one point we had saved the pre-existing pieces to measure new ones off of; however, when you rebuild completely from the ground up, things change. SO we decided to design our own inside to what would work best for our family. Chase drew it up and made it happen.
Have I mentioned how cool he is?
This part was so tedious and very taxing, but it turned out super cool!
Next came vinyl plank flooring and trim! We filled nail and staple holes and prepped her for paint inside.
At this point, Chase did all of the plumbing, electrical, and wiring for all of the lights!
This next is my favorite part of the transformation (paint!). It always makes things look SO different. We chose white for the inside because it’s so clean, makes everything so seamless and bright and it bring the brightness from outside IN! (also, I’m obsessed with white…)
(this beauty is the screen door Chase built for our AC closet)
Chase also built all of the countertops and table top and stained and trimmed them…. I love the unique vibe it gives the camper.
So after paint…
(y’all writing it out so quickly like this TOTALLY makes it seem way easier than it was….. this project took 2+ years, and countless hours juggling everything to make it happen. We sold everything we owned, sold our house, moved into a 5th wheel, moved two more times, built a house and had a baby in the time we built this camper!!!)
Ahem, ok, so after paint on the inside, we started reattaching skins and working on prepping the outside for paint.
The poor skins were just in rough shape to begin with, but replacing all of the skins were FAR outside of our budget… so we made do!
All of her bumps and bruises tell a story, and we love her that way. (and it saved us bokoos of $)
(color coat with silver stripe!)
So the roof skin was ROUGH, and didn’t quite fit back just right…. that’s totally to be expected. So we patched in areas to make it fit and it works!
(SO shiny… I LOVED seeing this transformation.)
Once the paint cured, we went to work putting her back together completely. This included finishing repairing and cleaning all of the trim, windows and door! The door is a HOT mess, and some day we are going to have to replace the skin on it and rework the body and lock. Because… holy moly, it’s crinkled and weird.
Seeing the inside finishing off was amazing… I finished sewing all of the cushions and curtains and we set out for HOME so we could start loading her up for our first adventure.
Sharon’s first night home, I got to work revamping curtains, fluffing the nest and packing her up for our first trip….
So, I’ll end this post here with a final reveal of Sharon fluffed up in the next post!!
Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions!! This is a super watered down process of the build, but we are an open book!